So I’m entirely new to baby wearing but am loving it! Here are my reasons for loving front-carrying:
• baby is close to my body so I can be attentive
• allows me to be hands-free
• my body movements and smell allow baby to be (and stay) calm
• baby can sleep comfortably
• super quick access to baby
• carrier is diverse and allows baby to face me or to face outward
We were out all day and no fussing from my little guy. He loves his carrier! I am hoping to find one a bit more esthetically pleasing and with a back buckle, but my basic one is great!